Join our Team
Thank you for wanting to be a part of such a special team and organization. Working for the Thunder Bay & District Humane Society is beyond rewarding!
To Apply for any of the available positions: Please E-mail resumes to email@example.com
The Thunder Bay & District Humane society is seeking a self-motivated, dynamic business professional to fill the role of Executive Director.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the successful candidate will be the lead in Shelter operations and will have the responsibility of developing programs for the Society to increase adoption rates, increase revenue and promoting the Spay and Neuter facility housed within the Shelter.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the organization’s consistent achievement of its annual goals and financial objectives, and to oversee the administrative management of the organization. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the effective operation of the Shelter in accordance with the Ontario Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act, 1990 and adhere to all other pertinent legislation that may apply.
The successful candidate shall also prepare, attain and administer external grants, and perform other tasks as required.
- Strong proven leadership skills, organizational skills and the ability to work independently in an environment where animals are always present
- Experience with nonprofit work, fundraising, and applying for grants
- Financial Planning, accounting and budget preparation experience an asset
- Be organized, independent and innovative with a bias toward action
- Possess a keen understanding of animal welfare and the OSPCA Act, 1990
- Excellent communication skills; effective public speaking and presentation skills
- Embody the highest level of personal and business ethics and contribution to a team-oriented culture while embracing honesty and transparency
- Flexible and open-minded and willing to seek input from Board Chair and Board of Directors
- Maintain composure during stressful situations and possess the ability to calm others
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (Business preferred) or an equivalent combination of degree and work experience in a senior-level management capacity and knowledge of non-profit management
- Demonstrated experience in fundraising, development and or solicitation of major giving campaigns
- Demonstrated ability to secure legacy gifting and conduct major donor solicitation. Knowledge of current fundraising techniques and trends including technology and social media is an asset
- Experience in business and management principles involving strategic planning, resource allocation, human behavior and performance and leadership techniques
- Experience in overall management of employees including but not limited to; hiring, performance appraisals, disciplinary action, recognition, orientation, training and guidance to motivate a positive team environment
For full job description, please visit www.tbdhs.ca/executive-director
Thunder Bay & District Humane Society is an equal-opportunity employer.
Salary for this position will commensurate to experience and qualifications.
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.